Friday, November 25, 2011

So much to be Thankful for...

What a fun week we have had this week.  Allie didn't have MDO this week so we stayed in all week.  Part of my plan was to really put some hard work into this potty training thing.  Man- if it were just as easy as "they" say!!  SO knowing that I planned to "stay-in" this week I got on-line and looked up some fun Thanksgiving craft ideas for Allie & me to do...
This picture is to show off her "princess" shoes, she loves to wear them around the house, and dresses are easier to potty train in... 


This turkey is Allie's foot, and a collection of her recent art works cut into feathers.  She drew the eyes and helped me glue everything down.. 


The next craft we did was using old wine corks as little dabbers to make leafs on the fall trees.  It was really funny to me on the other trees we made for the Grandma's she went a little crazy with the brown below the trees. When I asked her what that was, she told me that they were "dinosaurs"- what a silly little girl!

Tuesday I caved in and we went to a "Thanksgiving" themed playdate. My playgroup is one of the things I am so thankful for- we started the playgroup about 2 years ago and it has turned into such a FUN- loving group of moms & toddlers and now new babies as well. It is so nice to have a group of friends who run into the same things you do day in and day out in this journey of motherhood!  

Another thing I am thankful for this year is that the pregnancy is going well! (minus not being able to feel her move all the time) (Also thankful for the doppler that Alyssa let us borrow- very re-assuring to hear the heart beat anytime you start to worry!! )  Oh and we have finally found a name for "she"!!  Her name is going to be Lindy Mae Stuart!   Its really cute to ask Allie about her baby sister- she will tell you that she is in her tummy, and that her name is Lindy!  This morning Allie picked up one of the baby name books and told me that she was "looking for a name"... too cute!

I could go on and on about all the many things I am so thankful for, our home, our health etc etc- (which I am sooo thankful for btw)  but I really want to stop and really be thankful for a few more things!  Most importantly I am so thankful that Allie has 2 AWESOME Grandma's!! They are both so helpful and hands on it is so fun to watch her grow and interact with each of them.  I grew up with 1 awesome hands-on grandma that was so much fun and another grandma that lived out of town and we didn't see her very much.  I love that Allie sees both of her grandmas every week and is building fun memories with each one of them... aww!

Princess Allie & Princess Daddy
 Thankful that daddy lets me sleep in and takes such good care of this Princess!

Finally I am so blessed with my little family!  Allie & Kelsey- They make my world so complete!  I am so thankful to have met, married & made babies with my best friend in the whole world!  (as I write this they are upstairs giggling and wrestling and having so much fun!)  I love what a great Husband and Father that Kelsey is- I don't always brag about how awesome he is- at least not to all of my friends, bc I don't want to "rub it in" on how awesome he is- or be "that girl" who has the BEST kids, or Husband...... but man am I ONE lucky girl! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you too! I wouldn't be half the man I am today if I didn't have our friendship, your support and my incredible dance moves (that's how I caught Jeni's eye, for those of you who didn't know). You are amazing and I am a very happy husband.
    Love, Hub.

    ReplyDelete