Saturday, December 3, 2011

Meet Toby!! (and the potty training blues....)

This year is our first year to celebrate the Elf on the Shelf family tradition.   It took us 3 days to name our little elf (naming isn't quite our strong suite) but we have finally decided on the name Toby.  The way this tradition works- or as the story is told- this little elf comes every year after Thanksgiving as Santa's helper. His job is to report back to the North Pole if you have been Naughty or Nice. Upon his return he will arrive in a new place in the home. Each morning the children will awake, and have to find their elf.  Because the elf is magic, he can not be touched by the children or his magic will be lost.  While Allie is so little we are being really tricky to keep him out of her reach for now!  Also we love to tell her "Toby" said so, or "Toby is going to tell Santa"... seems to be working just right! :)
This was Toby's first appearance, He left her a note thanking her for his name!!

A few days later- he was coloring pictures for her when she got up!
And on to the Blues... Potty training blues... Last week we went to Panties everyday- all day.  This has been such a chore for us! (and her too)  We started potty training in August and were almost 90% trained when MDO started.   I felt bad for the teacher, and worried about accidents so I sent her to school in pull ups- BIG MISTAKE, HUGE!!!  Well we went from having 1-2 accidents at a time to only being about 50% potty trained to having an accident EVERY time we put panties on!  UGH!  So we are back to square one.  Everyone is re-training.  I am learning as we go, and Allie really does not like to be "told when" she needs to "go".  (strong willed?)  So we argue and negotiate (I'll give you candy if you go) - and then preggie mommy gets fed up and  I say- OK fine, and let her win, a few mins later she has an "accident"...  The worst part to me is when we have an accident in the car seat!! It has to be brought inside taken apart and washed!! Last week when I brought this inside (after she peed in it) I was messing with the straps and looked at her to find she was peeing in the kitchen floor!!! I had enough and told Daddy he could help put the car seat back together!!   I look forward to the days when I can look back and laugh at these moments!  Lord help me when I have 2!!  Not sure how I'll manage- lets hope Lindy is an ANGEL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment